Ending one year and starting a new one is the opportunity that many people need to consider or reconsider goals that will motivate them to achieve important things for themselves. However, it is important to set realistic goals, which can be achieved in set times. On this occasion, Antonella Galli, a psychologist at Clínica Ricardo Palma, gives us some tips to keep in mind.
5 aspects to consider.
It is essential to consider all the aspects that are relevant in life in order to set goals that improve physical, mental and emotional health, for example:
- Family aspect. You can seek to improve communication, spend more time with family, overcome some limitations, improve communication with in-laws, give yourself your own space, etc.
- Work aspect. In the professional aspect, you can be more organized, define improvement aspects, identify strengths, set how far you want to go or change fields, among others.
- Personal level. Re-evaluate personal development. For example: what do you want to develop in terms of your attitudes towards others, towards life, analyze how your mental health is, how you feel, has it changed for the better or for the worse? What aspects do you need to improve and change? Seek to strengthen your spirituality, self-esteem, practice meditation and/or relaxation techniques. Personal development also has to do with health care, healthy eating, visiting a psychologist if you need to reinforce some areas, improve physical appearance, etc.
- Development of relationships. Analyze how it is going with your partner, if you need to improve communication, details, take vacations together, have a space together. If you are single, you can re-evaluate your relationships with friends, opt for having a pet, a companion.
- Development of individual talents. Think about the things you are good at or like to do, such as writing, painting, singing, activities that you no longer practice or discovering new talents, a new sport, cycling, marathons, etc.
Do not discourage yourself if throughout the year you did not reach all the goals you set or did not achieve them perfectly. In life obstacles are overcome and sometimes time stops, but you can pick it up when you’re ready, the important thing is to be consistent and have commitment to achieve positive changes.
Psychologist at Clínica Ricardo Palma