Tips to get your children to sleep in their own bed?
The journey to your bed can become a bad habit for your children
It starts when the child is sick, in the dentition, during emotional stress experimentation (going to a new school, having a new babysitter) or because of the wrong attitude of the parents to occasionally make the child sleep in their bed
To make this habit come to an end, follow these tips:
- Offer them comfort, not your bed. If your child cries, go to their room and if they go to your room, take them back to their room.
- Be consistent. Take them back to their bed and offer them to stay with you another day because “today you are tired”. Be determined and not ambivalent
- Be loving. Take them back to their beds with love, so that they feel that you do not reject them, but their presence in your bed
- Turn on a dim light (a lamp) because sometimes they are afraid of the dark
- Don’t feel guilty! Teach them how to get peace of mind and comfort in their bed
Dr. Max Zaidman
Pediatrician of Clínica Ricardo Palma