“The team of nutritionists at Clinica Ricardo Palma is highly trained to develop specialized dietary regimens aimed at patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus, hypertension, dyslipidemia (high cholesterol and triglycerides), fatty liver, obesity, among other pathologies that, in these times of pandemic, need to have a good diet, “says Karyn Reyna, a nutritionist at our clinic.
Food to include in your diet
- Protein foods of animal origin: chicken, turkey and fish rich in omega such as bonito, tuna and cojinova. Prefer baking or grilling over fried
- Fruits and vegetables: five servings a day, three of fruits (especially blueberries, aguaymanto, strawberry, kiwi, cocona, pitahaya, orange, papaya, grape, melon, pineapple, raspberry, blackberry, grapefruit, pomegranate) and two of vegetables. They strengthen the immune system of older adults, pregnant women, children with low weight or anemia, patients with hypertension, cancer, AIDS, depression, anxiety, who have few hours of sleep and eating disorders.
- Natural soft drinks, preferably without sugar and containing vitamin C: lemonade, chicha morada, carambola, passion fruit. Drink at least two liters of water a day
- Vitamins A, B, C and E, as they keep the interior of respiratory cells in good condition, protecting them from viruses and environmental toxic agents. In this way colds are prevented
- Prepare meals with extra virgin coconut oil, honey, garlic, and onion, as they boost the immune system
- Bear in mind that sleeping well also improves defenses
Remember, our body is exposed to the attack of bacteria, viruses and fungi that can cause several diseases. As we have seen, diet plays a crucial role in strengthening the immune system, helping to prevent Covid-19 and to face these days when the change of seasons begins.
Dr. Karyn Reyna
Nutritionist at Clinica Ricardo Palma