Nowadays, teleworking is part of the new work modality, moving offices to our homes and often dedicating extra hours of the usual time.
In relation to this, María Guadalupe Ramos, clinical psychologist and master in neuropsychology at Clinica Ricardo Palma, gives us some advice that will help us cope with this process:
- Take active breaks. These will help you take a break from your work and avoid mental fatigue.
- Do some muscle stretches.
- Short walks inside your house.
- Get up for a glass of water or a cup of coffee.
- Respect your meal times. It is important to take at least 20 to 30 minutes to be able to eat properly, this will allow you to continue your day and avoid digestive disturbances. Enjoy this time calmly and chew properly.
- Do activities that relax you. It is very important to give yourself time to relax and get out of the routine, the situation we are currently experiencing, added to work stress, can cause problems such as depression or anxiety.
At Clinica Ricardo Palma, our staff of psychologists and psychiatrists is available with face-to-face consultation and teleconsultation. In addition, we have a home monitoring service for the elderly.