“In Pediatric dentistry we perform all kinds of procedures, including dental cleaning in babies, children and adolescents. We have highly trained professionals, as well as state-of-the-art equipment and instruments that will help them maintain the good oral health of their children, complying with all biosafety protocols. In addition, we offer treatments under conscious sedation (with nitrous oxide), deep sedation and general anesthesia”, says Dr. Claudia Paredes, pediatric dentist at our clinic.
Elements to consider:
- Oral hygiene should begin with the appearance of the baby’s first teeth, since at this stage food could accumulate in the mouth, causing bacteria and the acids they produce to affect tooth enamel.
- Knowing the correct dental hygiene techniques according to the stage of development of our children, will help us keep their oral tissues healthy and avoid conditions, such as tooth decay, gingivitis, halitosis (bad breath), among others.
What do we need to perform a correct oral cleaning?
- Toothbrush. It must be suitable for the age of the patient, have soft bristles, a wide handle and a good grip. In the case of babies, the handle should be long for ease of parents.
- Toothpaste. It must be fluoridated and have at least 1000 ppm (parts per million) of fluoride to obtain the desired protection effect.
- Floss. To clean the areas between the teeth.
- Mouthwash. According to the specialist’s indication and from 6 years of age. Its use is not mandatory.
Our specialist recommends:
- Perform oral cleansing at least 2 times a day to achieve a successful effect against cavities.
- Bear in mind that each oral hygiene protocol may vary for each patient, and it is important to have early advice from a specialist in pediatric dentistry.
Dr. Claudia Paredes
Pediatric dentist at Clínica Ricardo Palma