In times of pandemic, teleconsultation services have become an excellent alternative to continue taking care of the physical and mental health of our patients. Highly qualified specialists attend to your queries from the comfort and privacy of your home or wherever you are.
Dr. Oscar Espinoza, Internist at Clínica Ricardo Palma, explains that this service offers great benefits: timely diagnoses, access to doctors from various specialties, reaches remote areas, and improves healthcare quality. What’s more:
- Avoid moving from place to place. It is a great advantage in these times of pandemic. Patients no longer have to go to healthcare centers to be treated by a doctor or to control chronic diseases, unless it is strictly necessary.
- Prevent self-diagnosis. More and more people are turning to the internet to treat their symptoms. This habit not only complicates their clinical condition but also put their life at risk. Thanks to teleconsultation services, patients can receive advice from a healthcare professional quickly and effectively.
- Save time. There are no excuses to postpone medical consultations. It will be enough to request an appointment by phone or online to be attended by a specialist. This is an early diagnosis and timely treatment to control any pathology.
- Especially for follow-up consultations and evaluation of results. Patients receive diagnoses, examination orders, and medical prescriptions directly to their email. Also, it can be done from a computer, laptop, or mobile phone.
- Avoid the spread of diseases. By receiving care virtually, it is no longer necessary to interact with other patients in waiting rooms or common areas.
Remember, there are routine medical checkups that should not be postponed. Every disease requires prompt diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Óscar Espinoza
Internist at Clínica Ricardo Palma